Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A year? Seriously? ...Oops.

I didn't mean to leave it this long. I swear. But I'm back, and I'm going to put in so much effort. Regular updates, even if they are shitty. Like this one. Kidding. Or am I? Lets read on and find out...

So I'm reading Kevin Smith's autobiography and I've decided he's a little off on the title. It's called My Boring-Ass Life. But thats the thing, it's not a boring life. He chats with Zach Braff, he goes out for breakfast, brunch and lunch almost every day, his kid goes to the same school as Johnny Depp's kids, and one day Johnny Depp reads fairy tales to the class. THAT'S NOT BORING.
The boring part is wading through his boring writing.
I know, I know, it's Kevin Smith, don't say bad stuff about Kevin Smith. Hey, I jumped on the Clerks bandwagon as much as the next annoying indie hipster, but I also EDIT MY WRITING.
I know, he took it straight from a daily blog and put it into a book, and I know it totally wouldn't be boring if you were reading it on the blog, just a tiny little bit every day. BUT I'M NOT. I'M READING IT IN BOOK FORM, and I don't care how many times he pees in a day.

Basically, I'm objecting to blogs being put straight into book form. It's like taking a whole tv show season and putting the episodes together end to end and watching it all (and yes, I do that on occasion, but still, I'm trying to make a point here). THAT'S NOT HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE WATCHED. And this book is not how Kevin Smith intended these writings to be read.

Obviously, I'm going to continue reading it, because I want to get to Jason Mewes' drug addiction, but once that's over and its just "I woke up, I peed, Clerks 2, I watched TiVo-ed Simpsons episodes" I am so giving up on Kevin Smith and re-reading The Virgin Suicides.

Wow, that was much more ranty and boring than I expected it to be. Have fun with that, people.
And better stuff to come, I hope.

No comments: