Thursday, August 6, 2009

John Hughes


You guys. Oh my god. John Hughes is dead.
One of the greatest screenwriters in history and arguably the most influential Hollywood writer-producer-director of the late 80s is dead.
Seriously, he's my favourite director. Without John Hughes we wouldn't have teen films like we do now. Without John Hughes we would have never known the awesomeness of John Candy, and of course, without John Hughes Macaulay Culkin would never have been. The film industry would be a different place if he hadn't been around. He proved to mainstream Hollywood that you can make a commercially successful film that is still brilliantly acted and has an insanely clever script. He showed them that mainstream Hollywood audiences aren't idiots. Seriously. God damn. He was amazing.
Without him, redheads wouldn't have Molly Ringwald as proof that they can succeed.
Can I just point out that Home Alone is still today the most successful live-action comedy of all time. OF ALL TIME people. The man was clever, smart and an insanely good writer.

Yes, his best work was behind him, but I don't care damnit. I love his movies so much. Okay, I'm done.

"Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-foot salami under the other. Bartender says I guess you won't be needing a drink. Naked blonde says..."
Now we'll never know the end of the joke lmao.

No comments: